Thursday, May 13, 2010

At least she's something to smile about

With the exception of my truly crappy day at work, life is good. Love life is good. Although maybe I shouldn't call it that. I don't want to jinx it. Isn't it funny how we can become so hyper sensitive about simple things like the common phrase 'love life', or signing a card 'Love,.." when feelings are involved. I caught myself doing that today with the card. After work, I dropped by O.C.'s, knowing she wasn't home, to leave a card in her mailbox. I filled it out right before i dropped it off, and as I was signing it, I hesitated and opted out of signing it Love,. Instead I put Miss you, and then went back and drew a little heart next to my name. It's like, I don't want her to think I'm saying something I'm not, but maybe one day i will say it, but I can't even talk about that now cuz I'll jinx it and I hope it's not too late and blah blah blah drive myself crazy  a little more. It makes me laugh though.

I hope she likes my card. I happened to have a random blank Thank You note in my car and I know I won't see her til at least Saturday afternoon if not later so I wanted her to know through more than a text that I was thinking about her. She was really great today when I was at work and told her about my bad day. She was very supportive and had advice for me on what to do and I could tell she was genuinely concerned about it. That makes me smile. I feel so lucky, cheesy as that sounds. We have so much in common. She makes me laugh til no end. She turns me on like no one ever has. She is incredibly sexy and smart and so many things that I have been looking for. All in one bundle. I told her the other night that while no one is perfect and to be called perfect would be a lot of pressure, she is the closest thing I have found to it. I sometimes have trouble getting my words out around her because it's hard to describe something you've never experienced before. But she is amazing to me and I am so happy when I am with her.

I think my mom is seriously wondering about the type of relationship me and O.C. have. I've spent the night at her place the last 3 nights in a row, maybe even 4. And I used to lie and space it out more when my mom asked where I was or who I was with. But then I realized A. I'm not 14 and B. I'm not doing anything wrong. So she knows I've slept over her place this entire week. It's funny, I can hear it in her voice. She really wants to know, she wants to ask me about it, but she won't. I think part of her fears the answer and that's why. Plus, she's always been very respectful of my personal business/space. I'd like to tell her, I just don't know when I'll be able to. There's no time like the present, I know. But every time I think about it, I think of all the reasons why I could never go through with it. For one, what would I even say? 'Mom, I'm gay.' Too scary. 'Mom, I like the ladies and the ladies like me.' Too creepy. 'Mom, I have a girlfriend whose house I sleep over a lot and we sleep in the same bed but good news, I'm not pregnant!' That's actually more likely to happen. Leave it to me to make a joke out of something that really defines a huge part of who i am.

Well, I think I'm going to finish my Honey Brown beer, play a chord or two on the guitar and go to bed. I have to go into work early tomorrow to clean up the mess I made today. Figuratively speaking, of course. :/ At least I have O.C. going for me. :) Which, b-t-dubs, I told her I have this blog and that it basically chronicles our entire dating history and all my inner thoughts about her, haha. Maybe I'll let her read it eventually. Maybe. We'll see. Ok later!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, it's been a while since I last wrote here.
    My last post seemed a little bit depressing. I'm very good at this kind of things anyway, like breaking me down, feeling a stupid selfish idiot.
    I'm kidding (not about the idiot part, I'm really a complete idiot) I mean, I'm kind of a disaster but I love to laugh.

    Ok, I just wanted to say that I was reading your post about the "love" thing and your feelings for O.C., and for some reason it reminds me of a song.
    It's in Italian but you should listen to it.

    Here's the url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGkbuptJo2I

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like when you comment. you're not an idiot, stop that. and i really like the song. i looked up the translation of the lyrics. fitting. thanks for telling me about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! It reminded me (not it reminds me).
    Damn english! Sometimes I don't get a word. I should have better listened to my english professor years ago instead of being lost in my thoughts.
    Even now. I can't really concentrate lately.
    I stared into space during the whole lesson today.

    Oh, thanks for thinking I'm not an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talking about my english: it's official I don't understand a sigle word.
    I just came back from university and on the way home i ran into a guy. He looked at me and said: Hey beautiful!
    I first thought "he want to sell me something". Then he asked: Do you speak english? And I thought again "no, he must be a tourist, he just want to know where the leaning tower is". I was like: "Not very well. You can tell me if you need some help anyway" but I haven't been able to say anything and I stared at him without answering.
    He began talking about something that he wanted me to buy (yeah, I was right in the first place), I didn't grasp what, and he said: Do you know socks?
    Now, I'm even worst in spoken english and I mixed up "socks" with "sucks" and said: excuse me, what? He showed me his socks and said "calzini" in italian.
    Oh! No, thanks.
    After some minutes of conversation (and with conversation I mean that he was the only one to talk), and after further minutes of me speaking brokenly to show him a place to take a coffee (this is awkward, I know), he finally let me go.

    I don't know why I wrote this all.

    ReplyDelete