Friday, March 25, 2011

It's gonna be a good night

You know when you can just tell that the night is going to go right? Tonight is one of those nights. We've both been working a ton and her going to school, so we only see each other after long days. We've been waiting for this weekend to be here and it finally is.

So two big things are happening tonight. First, I am finally meeting her friends/classmates from the program she is in. Aside from family, I haven't really met anyone in her life. Mostly because they don't live around here. But her program is small enough that the people she goes to school with are becoming her group of friends. So tonight, we are meeting them out for drinks. I'm excited. They don't know we are in a relationship, but that isn't the important part. The important part is that I am being acknowledged by her other group of friends as someone important in her life. I am excited!

Second, and this one is a biggie, after food and drinks with classmates, we are going to a strip club. Me, O.C. and my ex-boyfriend are going in fact. It's a ritual for him to take me to the strip club for the last 3 years. This year, since I am in a relationship I invited O.C. She's not as gung-ho as I am, but she is willing. And we are all going together, awkward as it may be. I know she is not attracted to other women besides me (because she's told me, not because i'm a cocky asshole). I happen to find naked women sexy, but O.C. is the only one I want to be with and share my life with. I can keep those things very separate. I think it will be a fun experience that she wouldn't normally have ever had.  She's going because I asked her to and she is willing to do things that make me happy even if it's not her cup of tea.

We're both pretty good about that sort of thing. Great, actually. It's been 11 months, and we still have yet to have our first fight. People close to us keep assuring us it will happen, almost waiting for the day. But we don't have to fight for this to be a legit relationship. I don't buy the hype. We are considerate of each other even if we don't always see eye to eye. We talk things through, instead of exchanging hurtful or emotionally charged comments that we don't mean. It doesn't mean we still in our 'honeymoon stage'. It just means we're happy and healthy as a couple. So booyah haters, WE GOOD.

Ok I just went off on a tangent that I wasn't anticipating. I gotta jet outta here, it's almost lap dance time. (I promised her one, since she doesn't want one tonight from a stranger and I have waived my right to one this time around.) I'm not a dancer, so it's a good thing she loves me!

Remind me to tell the cutest story ever next time about going back to the bar where we first met and getting the same seats and having the perfect evening to honor the best day that made our present situation possible. Oh and going to Philly on our first road trip. And moving in together. I don't want to leave anything out since I am such a sporadic poster. Thanks for reading all. HAPPY FRIDAY!

1 comment:

  1. OK so maybe I jinxed myself or maybe going to the strip club with your girlfriend just isn't a smart idea. But i ended up feeling super guilty for even looking at the other girls. FAIL. But the good news is she says while i don't have to feel guilty, the fact that i do proves to her that i really do love her and care about her. Which I do. So it's not all bad.

    ReplyDelete